Hubert Humphrey Fellowships in USA for International Students – The Hubert Humphrey Fellowship is now available. We will go into great detail regarding this scholarship in this article, along with its advantages and step-by-step instructions for applying.
International students can apply for Hubert Humphrey Fellowships 2023–2024, which are fully-funded fellowship for non-degree programs. This scholarship includes complete tuition, a certain amount for housing and board, textbooks, a one-time payment toward the purchase of a computer, and a payment for professional development.
Professionals who are interested in improving their management skills through a mutual exchange of knowledge and understanding about issues that are frequently of concern in both their home countries and the United States are eligible for the Humphrey Fellowship Program.
The Humphrey Program accepts young and mid-career professionals from specific nations for a year of non-degree graduate study, leadership development, and professional collaboration with U.S. peers.
About the Hubert Humphrey Fellowships in USA for international Students
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program, which was started in 1978 in honor of the public servant who spearheaded historic initiatives in support of human rights and global cooperation, funds seasoned professionals from designated nations going through political or development transition to spend a year in the United States getting ready to tackle some of the most pressing development issues of our time.
Objectives of the Hubert Humphrey Fellowships in USA for International Students
- Develop leaders who will have a multiplier effect on their societies and whose knowledge and skills have been influenced by exposure to American ideas, models, and concepts;
- Create and strengthen long-lasting, fruitful collaborations and connections between Americans and people from around the world;
- Increasing American individuals’ awareness of global issues as well as their comprehension of different cultures and societies.
- Increase and enhance the selection of international training and exchange programs
Level of Study: Non-degree Program
Institution(s): Participating USA Universities
Study in: USA
Number of Scholarships: 200 Fellowships
Deadline: Before 1 October (annually) Application deadlines vary by country
To get full details about the participating institutions in USA, visit: https://www.humphreyfellowship.org/our-network/host-universities/
- Sub-Saharan Africa,
- Europe and Eurasia,
- Middle East and North Africa,
- East Asia and Pacific,
- South and Central Asia,
- Western Hemisphere.
Eligibility Criteria and Requirements for Hubert Humphrey Fellowships
Hubert Humphrey Fellowship applicants must meet the following requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree, or first college degree.
- At least five years of experience working in a professional capacity.
- Limited or no prior American experience.
- Exhibited leadership skills.
- A history of civic engagement in the neighborhood.
- Proficiency in English.
How to Apply for Hubert Humphrey Fellowships
For Hubert Humphrey Fellowship applications, kindly follow the guidelines below:
1. The National Screening
The Binational Fulbright Commissions/Foundations or the Public Affairs Sections of U.S. Embassies oversee the Hubert Humphrey Fellowship program abroad. Commissions and Embassies examine applications submitted for the Humphrey fellowship program, select candidates for interviews, and decide which applications should be sent to the Institute of International Education in Washington, D.C. for additional consideration.
Make sure to get in touch with the embassy or commission in your nation to find out what criteria it uses.
2. Screening by the Institute of International Education
The deadline for applicants to submit their applications to the Embassy or commission varies by country, so please check with the Embassy or Fulbright Commission in your country to learn of its application deadline. Embassies and commissions must submit their nominations to the Institute of International Education (IIE) office in Washington, DC by July 1.
IIE checks the basic eligibility of each application before convening regional Candidate Review Committees (CRC) to assess the submissions.
3. Candidate Review Committees
In December, Candidate Review Committees meet in Washington, DC. For the purpose of reviewing submissions from a specific region of the world, independent expert panelists with regional experience who work in academia, international organizations, or non-governmental organizations are enlisted.
4. Approved by the J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board
Congress established the J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board (FSB) to oversee the Humphrey Fellowship Program and other Fulbright exchange initiatives.
The FSB establishes policies and procedures for the administration of the Humphrey Fellowship Program, has final say in choosing all fellows, and monitors how the program is run both domestically and internationally.
5. Placement of selected Humphrey Fellows
The Department of State will notify participating U.S. Embassies and Binational Fulbright Commissions of the final election results after getting approval from the FSB, and they will advise candidates of their status. The Institute of International Education assigns the qualified applicants to the American universities chosen to house Humphrey Fellows. The program plan statements included in applicants’ applications and the candidates’ field of study is used to decide placements.
The application deadline for the Hubert Humphrey Fellowship in USA is July 01, 2023.
Depending on the nation, application deadlines typically fall between May and September each year. You will be informed of the internal deadline for submission of applications by the nominating U.S. Embassy or Binational Fulbright Commission. The Institute of International Education headquarters in Washington, DC must receive nominations from embassies and commissions by October 1.
For additional information on the application process, please get in touch with the Bi-National Fulbright Commission in your nation or the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy.
Courses offered under the Hubert Humphrey Fellowships in USA for International Students
The eligible programs are:
- Agricultural and Rural Development
- Economic Development
- HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention
- Substance Abuse Education, Treatment and Prevention
- Trafficking in Persons Policy and Prevention
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Educational Administration, Planning and Policy
- Finance and Banking
- Higher Education Administration
- Human Resource Management
- Law and Human Rights
- Natural Resources, Environmental Policy, and Climate Change
- Teaching of English as a Foreign Language
- Technology Policy and Management
- Public Health Policy and Management
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
Scholarship Coverage and value
The following benefits are offered to recipients of Hubert Humphrey Fellowships:
- Payment of tuition and fees at the assigned host university.
- A maintenance (living) allowance, including a one-time settling-in allowance.
- A book allowance.
- Air travel (international travel to and from the U.S. for the program and domestic travel to required program events).
- A Professional Development allowance for professional activities, such as field trips, professional visits and conferences.
- Accident and sickness coverage.
- Pre-academic English language training, if required.
- A one-time computer subsidy.
Official Scholarship Website: http://humphreyfellowship.org/
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to apply for the Hubert H Humphrey Fellowship Program?
Interested candidates must submit an application through their nation’s Binational Fulbright Commission or the U.S. Embassy’s Public Affairs Section. Country-specific application deadlines exist. Applications must include: Detailed responses to all questions; English essay responses that fully address the prompt.
2. How much is the Humphrey Fellowship stipend?
Humphrey Fellowships expire after one year. The maintenance allowance varies depending on the cost of living in a particular region of the United States, from $1,900 to $2,400 a month.
3. How long is Hubert Humphrey Fellowship?
The Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program invites professionals in the middle of their careers from specified nations to the United States for a year of non-degree graduate-level study, leadership development, and professional engagement with American colleagues.
4. What are the benefits of Humphrey fellowship?
The Humphrey Fellowship Program offers ten months of non-degree academic and professional experiences in the nation. The program’s fellows are chosen based on their capacity for leadership and dedication to public service.
All interested candidates can now apply for the Hubert Humphrey Fellowships in USA which are available for foreign and international students to study in USA. Applications for the Hubert Humphrey Fellowships in USA are now being accepted.
Ensure that you read through this post thoroughly so that you don’t miss out on any relevant information.
Take note that this is not the official scholarship page and so if you want to get more information about the scholarship, do well to visit the official scholarship website: http://humphreyfellowship.org/
humphreyfellowship.org – check eligibility
humphreyfellowship.org – Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowships program
scholars4dev.com – Hubert Humphrey Fellowships in USA for International Students
ascholarship.com – Hubert Humphrey Fellowships 2024/2025 in usa for international students
scholarshiproar.com – Hubert Humphrey Fellowships 2023 for International Students