Boston University Presidential Scholarship for International Students 2023-2024 -The Boston University Presidential Scholarship 2023-2024 is a scholarship for undergraduate students. This scholarship will cover up to $25,000 in course expenses per year for up to four years of undergraduate study.
Each year, the Board of Admissions bestows the Presidential Scholarship on entering first-year students who have excelled academically. Presidential Scholars are not only among our most academically gifted students, but they also achieve outside of the classroom and are leaders in their schools and communities.
So without much fuss, let’s head right into the article…
About the Host University
Boston University is a private university that was established in 1839. It is located in the city of Boston, Massachusetts, USA. Through its 18 schools and colleges, it provides students with a variety of undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs. Boston University offers more than 300 programs of study as well as the potential to develop a successful profession. For all students and graduates, this university provides an outstanding academic environment and career services.
It has an undergraduate enrollment of 18,229 (fall 2021), an urban environment, and a campus area of 140 acres. The academic calendar is semester-based. Boston University is ranked #41 in National Universities in the Best Colleges 2022-2023 edition. Tuition & fees total $62,360.
The Boston Consortium for Higher Education and the Association of American Universities are both affiliated with BU. It is one of the “R1: Doctoral Universities – Very High Research Activity” universities.
About the Boston University Presidential Scholarship for International Students 2023-24
The Presidential Scholarships at Boston University in the United States for 2023 provide a unique chance for students who display great ability to stand out academically. Students can use this scholarship to improve their talents and build the competencies needed to actively participate to global collaboration. Boston University is dedicated to identifying and aiding students who face hurdles to achieving their academic goals. Boston University’s undergraduate scholarship programs enable students to earn professional skills while also gaining the knowledge and competences required to survive in a competitive employment market.
Level of Study: Undergraduate
Institution(s): Boston University
Study in: USA
- Arts & Sciences.
- Fine Arts.
- General Studies.
- Health & Rehabilitation Sciences.
- Global Studies.
- Education & Human Development.
Scholarship Duration: Four years
Deadline: December 01, 2023 (every year)
Required Language: English.
Eligible Countries: Students from all countries of the world
Eligibility Criteria and Requirements for Boston University Presidential Scholarship
Applicants for the Boston University Presidential Scholarship must meet the following requirements.
- They must be in the top 5% of their high school class.
- Have SAT scores of at least 1500 and ACT scores of at least 33.
- Have demonstrated outstanding extracurricular achievements in their schools and communities.
- This grant is open to international students.
- Applicants must be incoming first-year students at Boston University
How to Apply for Boston University Presidential Scholarship
To apply for the Boston University Presidential Scholarship, please follow the steps below:
To be considered for a Trustee Scholarship:
Before December 1, submit the Common Application and all required materials for admission to one of BU’s undergraduate degree programs.
As part of your BU application, complete the Trustee Scholarship essay on the Common Application.
Documents to be submitted along with your application are:
- Secondary School Records ( High School Transcript, Senior Year Grades).
- English Proficiency Testing Results (TOEFL / IELTS scores).
- Standardized Tests (SAT / ACT scores).
- Copy of Data Page of Passport.
- Counselor Recommendation and School Report Form.
- Teacher Recommendation.
- Documentation of Financial Support.
The Trustee Scholarship Essay:
Please select one of the two prompts below and submit one essay in 600 words or less as part of your Common Application.
- “There is divine beauty in learning,” Nobel laureate and BU professor Elie Wiesel once declared. To learn implies accepting the premise that life did not begin with my birth. Others have come before me, and I am following in their footsteps. The novels I’ve read have been written by generations of dads and sons, mothers and daughters, instructors and students. I am the sum of their experiences and quests.” Is there a book, film, podcast, or life experience that has helped you feel more connected to your personal history/identity, and what was the most essential lesson you took away from it?
- Describe an instance when you were uncomfortable or felt ostracized in a scenario. How did you react to that occasion, and how has it influenced your actions since then?
For more information about the Boston University Scholarship, visit: https://www.bu.edu/admissions/tuition-aid/scholarships-financial-aid/first-year-merit/presidential/
- Receiving the Boston University Presidential Scholarship is a high honor and distinction that comes with various benefits.
- International undergraduate students who are awarded this scholarship receive a hefty sum of $25,000 per school year.
- The award gives substantial financial assistance to deserving undergraduate students at Boston University.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does Boston University offer full scholarship to international students?
Yes. Only Trustee and Presidential Scholarships are available to international students.
2. How much is the Presidential Scholarship at Boston University?
This tuition scholarship of $25,000 is renewable for up to four years of undergraduate studies at BU.
3. Can I get into Boston University with a 3.5 GPA?
While there is no minimum GPA requirement, the school prefers that applicants have a 3.0 or better undergraduate GPA (on a 4.0 scale). To get through Boston University admissions, international students are required to submit a GPA of 3.25 or above (87%) and a TOEFL-iBT score of 84.
4. What is the minimum SAT score for Boston University?
There is no specific SAT requirement at Boston University; however they do want to see at least a 1339 to be considered.
5. How much is the application fee for Boston University?
A nonrefundable $80 application fee for undergraduate degrees.
6. Does Boston University require IELTS?
You should be able to communicate in English at the following levels: A minimum score of 84 on the internet-based TOEFL (iBT) is required. A minimum score of 7 on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is required.
7. How many international students does Boston University accept?
BU has a varied student body. More than 7,000 of our 30,000 undergraduate and graduate students are international students from approximately 100 countries.
Applicants must submit an online application to be considered for the Boston University Presidential Scholarship 2023. Candidates must also be admitted to the university and submit all required documentation in order to be considered for this coveted award.
We wish you all the best…
scholarshiproar.com – Boston University Presidential Scholarship 2023 USA
bu.edu – Presidential Scholarship
en.wikipedia.org – Boston University
scholarshipsads.com – Boston University Presidential Scholarship In USA 2023-24